Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2nd Annual Friendship Walk 5/2/09

Well being my first event, I wasn't sure what exactly to expect. I got to meet other Garrison members, who were all very welcoming, friendly, and cool to hang out with. And I finally to meet Wally, who helped my through the process of building my armor.

The day was pretty miserable, rainy, slightly cold, and of course you have that "zoo" smell. After we all suited up and headed down to the tent where the festivities were being held, and seeing how we all lit up the faces of the kids there, I remembered why I signed up for the 501st in the first place. Big deal, I was damp. Gotta look towards the greater purpose here, and by simply being present and waving, and occasionally slapping high fives to the children, it gave me a feeling of satisfaction that I've never experienced before.

I had a great time and I look forward to the upcoming events and hanging out with my new friends.

No comments: