Thursday, June 18, 2009

Walk Now For Autism

As I arrived in Mt. Lauren NJ it looked like it was about to rain. There were already a bunch of people present setting up their tents for the event, and several Legion members as well. It was nice to meet the members of the Northeast Remnant Garrison, and they welcomed me with open arms.

There was a small tent set up for us on the slightly damp grass for changing into our costumes. Using the cover for my tote as a dry place to stand, I promptly suited up along with Justin [Boba Fett], PJ [Imperial Officer] and Mike [Sand Trooper]. Soon we were joined by Ryan [Stormtrooper] and CJ [Biker Scout] and headed out to the main grounds for the event and began our trooping.













At first the kids didn't know what to make of the presence of the Empire, but they soon got used to it, some even tried to attack us.















But we represented the Empire pretty well that day, and ended up raising well over our goal of $250. It was a great day and everyone really appreciated us being there. I had an awesome time, and I made a lot of new friends. I can't wait to do this again next year!

No comments: