Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hate Mail to SEPTA

This has nothing to do with Star Wars, but I felt like I had to post this in as many places as I can.

Since the online feedback form is conveniently NOT WORKING, I am sending this notice here. Please ensure it makes it to the right hands, and for the love of god, fix your links!!!

I think I'm a pretty patient person. But seriously, your level of service, if you can even call it that, is downright shameful. For the past seven weeks there has been at least one day of the week where you pitiful excuse for a trolley system craps out right at the beginning of rush hour. It's not bad enough that the trolley stations are a mile below the surface, then having to walk back up the stairs in 96 degree heat, but then having to walk an extra 4 blocks from 37th street to 30th street. The El is too far out if the way at this point or else that would be a suitable alternative. Today marks the 9th time I've had to do that since July 1.

This turn of events ultimately makes me late to catch the 4:27 R2 to Warminster every single time. But I do have to compliment you on never having the R2 arrive on time so that I don't actually miss the train when I get to the platform at 4:30. Way to go.

To further my aggravation with your impeccable QoS the air conditioning on the r2 is quite horrid. Maybe you should look into routine Inspections of such things, especially during the summer. Furthermore, these trains smell more and more like a jock strap or a public toilet every day. Oh and if I'm really lucky I'll end up on the train left over from the 70s that also,apparently, doubled as a waste receptacle for excrement, soda cans, and used tissues. You know, the trains with the retro modern yellow and orange vinyl seat covers that have absolutely no cushioning left? Yea, those trains.

That aside, I would like to point out that I rely a great deal on your services, and if I had any other option, I would take it. The sad truth is that there is no other choice, and since I suffer from a medical condition (pleural effusions & lupus) the shortcomings I previously mentioned possibly affect me greater than the average victim of your service. If I feel this bad and taken advantage of, I'd hate to know what your 80 year old blind wheelchair bound passengers think.

I would also like to mention that I purchase a monthly trailpass and have for the better part of 12 years now. Your service is clearly on the decline.

As of right now I will be documenting these incidents and will be requesting a refund for the service I am not able to make use of as well as an aggravation/quality of life tax. I think this is an absolutely fair request seeing as you offer absolutely no alternative for these shoddy services.

Thank you for your time.
Best,
Gary

PS - an express on the R2 line would be nice too, being that this is the only route without one.

No comments: